Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween - Santa spilled his wine on my feet later that night

I don't know if it was laziness or itimidation, but I didn't dress up for Halloween this year. I wanted to be an Owl, but I wanted to wear makeup instead of a mask and that was just too daunting of a task for me at the last minute. So I had too much fun doing everyone's makeup, appreciating cute treats, and taking my neice trick-or-treating.



My cousin prepared lots of cute, festive foods and it just confirmed for me that I am actually going to bake for real this Christmas!

These were Nutter Butter cookies..



Delicious, pumpkin cupcakes. Some with icing, some without..



Under, you can see "eyes" (little biscuits with olives). That was cute.

One aunt wanted to be a Farmer, but in my desperate attempt to play with makeup, I suggested we turn that into "a farmer-lady who can't stop dying her hair or get off the Wet n' Wild makeup aisle in Wal-Mart". She ditched the straw hat, grabbed a random wig, and tons of unnecessary blue eyeshadow and pillows-for-stuffing later, a makeup-loving Farmer was born..



Another aunt wanted to be some girl from Bones, or CSI, or Criminal Minds. I don't really know the show, but I knew who she was talking about...



My mom was a Vampire. I used a black liquid liner to draw spiderwebs by her eyes...



And my neice, as always, was a Princess!



Waaaaaay later at a bar in Raleigh, Santa spilled his wine on my feet. He appologized and I was so nice about it that he wrote my name on the Nice list. I saw some awful costumes. Lots of Snookies. I didn't see anything that I really loved and appreciated.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Your Halloween was lot more eventful than mine. I loved your aunts costumes and your moms spiderweb eyes was the hotness.

P.S. Ive got to buy furniture somewhat soon (before we move on Jan. 8th) and your input would be greatly appreciated ;) We could make a blog update out of it!

Kimbroly said...

Omg I've been dying to go to Ikea in Charlotte. This sounds like the perfect opportunity. Maybe someone could let us borrow a truck? I would be expensive/prob not worth it to rent one. Also, Big Lots has affordable furniture but it's not nearly as cute and there aren't as many options and textiles.