Monday, April 18, 2011

The Run Down

I got my hair cut and it's pretty cute when I fix it nicely. This was kind of a transition cut, I guess. I'm getting my bangs cut shorter in a week or so. This length meant that they were immediately in my eyes and I ended up having to pin them back with a PAPERCLIP at work one day because I got so frustrated.


It got LONG in a few week's time and now I'm just okay with it. I liked the lady who cut my hair more than anyone I've ever visited. We went to high school together and I sought her out on Facebook when she uploaded Before and After pics. In a few days I'm going to get this same sort-of cut again with a thicker, shorter bang. My bangs mostly stay pushed to the side because that's all I can do with it now.

I ate some exciting pizza at lunch with my co-workers at Lilly's Pizza in Raleigh. They have you get your water out of one of those dentist office-style water things with the big jug turned upside down on top. My pizza had pistachios on it. Their decor is wild/random.


In other food news, I'm making our own sushi these days. This is a sushi lunch of a simple seaweed-outside California roll and then a fancy, difficult rice-outside roll with salmon and tuna inside. I even made Eel sauce!


My weekend trip to New York City earlier this month was super fun. Right now I only have iPhone pics so I will give a complete step-by-step by this weekend when I expect to have my "camera cord drama" (I can't find it) solved. But highlights included...

The Metropolitan Museum of Art..


Tina Fey at her book signing..


And the view from Top of the Rock..


Tonight I am making cards with this kit I completely forgot I had.


This, of course, has opened up a whole new door of interests. I want to make all my cards for everything now.

No comments: