Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Scrap Exchange fun

I love The Scrap Exchange in Durham. It's a giant reuse center. It's warehouse-giant! It's decently organized with paper sections, wood sections, fabric sections, a Science section...

I only go if I know that I can dedicate some time because there's so much going on and it's easy to get distracted. It's a craft supply treasure hunt.


During my most recent visit I got a pack of fabric samples with 6 colors, some thick board, about 20 brand new white folders (for organizing papers), some recycled jelly jars (for candles), a pouch intended for organizing knitting tools, and some plastic bands. This was all less than $9.


I'm using this knitting tool pouch-thing for makeup brushes..


I covered the boards with the fabric to make some wall art. Super easy. Super cute. Super recycled.

I ironed the fabric,

Laid the fabric down and placed the board on top,

I used hot glue for this. I put a small, single dot of glue to secure the board to the fabric. And then folded the excess like a Christmas present.

I would have liked to align the designs but these were sample pieces so I only had a small amount to work with.


This cheap wall art turned out pretty cute!

No comments: