Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday Field Trip


That is how you know you're getting old, folks! Yankee candle on your birthday cake.

This evening my mom gave me a little surprise party. My adorable niece read me stories like Green Eggs & Ham and The Sleepy Sloth.


She is hilarious and entertaining. When she got tired of these glasses she pulled them off and in her most exasperated voice exclaimed "These are giving me a heart attack!"

Yesterday I took a birthday field trip to the beach!


First was an early lunch at Elijah's on the Cape Fear River. So delicious! I always see it but have never been so it was a very special treat. It was way too hot for Hot Crab Dip but we got it anyway to do a taste comparison and verdict was- Chris' Crab Dip is better. I got the Crab Cake Sandwich and he got the Grilled Tuna Sandwich. The crab cake was surprisingly spicy, and the best I've ever had.

Next was the aquarium at Fort Fisher.


It's a cricket and snake stare-down.


And Albino Alligator..


Waiting for a big, pretty fish to swim by..


OKAY! Okay, okay, okay! A shark is coming! Smile!


Super Colorful Science-y Birthday Field Trip of Love.



Later was dinner at Indochine, which, besides Gordon Ramsay's Maze The London in NYC, was the best dining experience I've ever had! It was so much fun! I felt like I was in Thailand.


We sat inside before I realized that the tables outside were in little huts!


Appetizer Sampler that came with 6 sauces..


Shrimp & Pineapple in Yellow Curry..


It's so cute outside. If you're near Wilmington, you have to eat here!








Finally, the beach.


And just because this day couldn't have been any more perfect, I saw a shooting star on my way home.

There are so many times that I complain about things that have happened to me, and things that haven't happened for me. And in those times I've found myself perplexed over the thought of why my life just couldn't be perfect. Or close to perfect. Or just a little bit perfect. Or simply, normal. In times like these where I see just how beautiful my life is, I'm reminded that I am so loved. I have wonderful close friends that are fun and inspiring and appreciative of me. My family admires me and we bring happiness to each other.

August 17, 2011, my 26th birthday, was literally shooting-star-perfect. I don't even know what to say about that. I'm just so thankful for everything wonderful in my life.

No comments: