Monday, August 15, 2011

Fun Summer Foods


For a lady, I feel like I can hold my own when it comes to the grill. This is a delicious salmon fillet seasoned with just salt and pepper, fresh dill, and lemon slices cooked skin side down. I've learned some good grilling techniques mostly through observation.

I've been eating Rainier cherries like crazy this summer. They're kind of expensive, like $4 a pound on sale! But they're seasonal, so it's justifiable. They're like little plum-apples.


And locally grown cherry tomatoes and jalapenos...


I made the mistake of actually purchasing a Paula Dean magazine. I've only made this pie because it was such a pretty color. I think I was supposed to use a deep dish pie crust and used a shallow one instead so I had two pies. My mom was very happy to receive one.

No comments: