Saturday, January 1, 2011

New year!

My 2010 was a year of work. I worked SO HARD. Dividing my year into quarters, there was 1- Work hell. 2- Hard working, yet insightful summer. 3- New job. 4- Happy, creative time.

After experiencing over a year of "work hell," I knew that it was time to escape from evil. Throughout the summer this year I worked 2nd shift which provided me with the opportunity to learn new things, and have more time to apply to jobs/attend interviews. It was a difficult switch to make, since I had to sacrifice so much valuable time with the special people in my life. But me, being the super-hero that I can sometimes be, went home every evening for dinner with my little family. It helped me make it through the nights that had me stuck at work until 2am. It wasn't all bad, though. I spent a few summer afternoons at the quiet pool of my apartment complex where I read and studied Eat, Pray, Love - an opportunity for mindful self reflection that I needed. Throughout the Fall, I worked hard at my new job and it wasn't long before I started to feel happier and the creative juices began to flow. An idea to have a "food themed" Christmas tree lead into ideas for sushi ornaments. The holidays went by very rapidly for me as I worked hard making and selling my Glittery Sushi Ornament sets on Etsy. I only filled 5 orders on Etsy (and others for friends), but it was enough to keep me busy since I started them so late in the year. My ornaments went to Iowa, Hawaii, Florida, New Jersey, Minnesota, New York, and here in North Carolina. It was such an exciting feeling for me hearing from the people who bought my ornaments as gifts for their families and friends, and how cute they thought they were.

So what's going on in 2011? The overly analytical part of me always finds it necessary to analyze and quantify my life, laying out strict goals for the coming year. I'd like to be more free than that. I plan to indulge in my creative ideas more- It makes me feel happier, more peaceful, better.

Sights from 2010...



















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had your pic with Amy Sedaris! I want a copy of that! I love my Christmas Package from you!
The ornaments are freaking cute and awesome. The glitter being "Fine" makes it.