Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Okay, so...

I'm going to start telling you about some of the foods I eat. The good, the bad, and the pretty. I'm on a pretty serious mission to eat healthily so it's mostly good/pretty/colorful. But there are bad times too.. like tomorrow night's homemade nachos for the Duke/Carolina game. Tomorrow night I will be an emotional eater. Bad. Bad. Bad.

Last Thursday I had a single wisdom tooth pulled and by Saturday I had graduated to foods of texture. Craving something sweet, I made this delicious little snack. I considered this a splurge because of the peanut butter..


This is one slice of Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread Light (just 35 calories), one Tbsp of JIF Reduced Fat Peanut Butter, One-half a banana, and a little honey drizzled for sweetness. Heating this on the oven for a few minutes to toast the bread and warm the peanut butter-honey-banana mixture makes this a tasty, indulgent little snack for right around 200 calories (I'm not sure about honey-depends on how much)

I like shrimp because it's low fat/high protein. I don't know how bad this buffalo sauce is. It's probably a little Carby.


We get frozen uncooked shrimp from Harris Teeter when it goes on sale for either 1/2-0ff or Buy 2-Get 3 Free. It's so easy to store and prepare like that and you can get a TON for around $25 which is a sweet, sweet deal.


Buffalo Shrimp and Cilantro Lime Rice Dinner. The rice is Jasmine rice with lime juice and chopped cilantro for added flavor.


Shrimp and Broccoli Lunch. This is one of my favorite lunches to take because it's healthy, easy, and colorful. Shrimp was boiled on Sunday and refrigerated for use over the following couple of days. Broccoli is the frozen kind and I heard that frozen vegetables are actually better for you during their off-season because they were prepared and packaged during their peak- Not sure how true that is? All sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning for flavor.


This was another shrimp lunch. Shrimp and green beans with egg noddles tossed with a little olive oil, and sprinkled with paprika and parsley flakes for flavor. These seasonings - Lemon Pepper, Paprika, Parsley, Dill.. I like them because they add flavor without adding fat.

This weeekend I found this frozen Joe's Crab Shack dinner. This version- Mahi Mahi with Tropical Salsa and sides Coconut Rice and Sugar Snap Peas. Just 350 calories. This is made all in the microwave and was about $6.50 for the bag.


There's just enough work involved in preparing this to make you feel like you did something without really doing anything. The salsa is delicious. So easy for busy week nights and it looks like I made something special. I'll get this time and time again.


My breakfast today was borederline-bad.


Everything bagel thin with 2 eggs and a slice of Muenster cheese. It's a tasty & filling 350 calories but tomorrow I will opt for one egg instead of 2 and 1/2 a slice of cheese. If I'm still hungry I'll eat a piece of fruit. I need to make this good, though, and just eat the whites and no cheese.

No comments: