Saturday, April 5, 2008

Showdown Shutdown at the Alamo

We lost to Kansas tonight in the semi-finals by 18 points. Yes, 18 points. This was such a crazy game. We were down by 28 points before halftime and even closed the margin to four points at 54-50, only to end up losing by 18 points.

So I’m watching the news and students are actually crying. Are you kidding me? With nearly $2 million spent BY STUDENTS ALONE (a big portion of our tuition is solely for sports) on athletics each year, I don’t want our basketball team to win, I don’t hope our basketball team wins, I expect them to win. And if they don’t win, I expect them to only lose by 5 or so points in a semi-final game. I don’t expect humiliation of this sort.

But, when it is all said and done, you have to admit that they’re just a group of young guys with amazing talent, and if they’re able to carry UNC that far into the tournament, well that’s alright with me. Go Heels!!

And here I am with Tyler Hansbrough.



I saw him in Spencer’s Gifts at Southpoint Mall in Durham. I only had a camera phone. He’s sure to go into the NBA but I think he’s returning for his final year next year. Maybe we’ll win the championship game then. There’s always next year, right?

And I'd just like to add that Roy Williams is so cool. I wish he was my dad. He was wearing this gorgeous sweater when I saw him at the gas station. He was so nice. I wonder if he will adopt me.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Owww... It hurts me too! I love Roy So Much! I saw him eating once at Meadowmont. I think he would adopt you if he knew how wonderful you are. I didn't know Roy is actually younger than Rat-Face Coach K.