Thursday, July 31, 2008

At the beach..

I am sitting in the hotel lobby with a bunch of work-a-holics sucking up the internet. I look like I'm doing important things but I'm definitely not.. BUT I can drink coffee with the best of 'em. I know that I am electronically dependent. I have everything that I need for survival. 1.) Laptop. 2.) Blistex. The original plan was just to check my email but then I read Julie’s blog and got caught up uploading this so that I can listen to it when I get deathly bored tonight. I think it is a Professor’s last lecture about following your childhood dreams and living your life optimistically and I know that I will love this so much and probably cry like a big ole’ baby just like she did. That will be the second time this week I have cried like that and I am embarrassed to admit that but sometimes life’s situations are owed that type of emotional release. I’m totally okay with that.

Sooo.. yesterday I fell in love with my iPhone. Deep, ultimate, desperate, unconditional, cannot live without you, fuck up my entire life, never leave me, forever and ever LOVE. This happened when I was sitting on the beach and I received an email and I was able to respond RIGHT THERE. And even take a picture and send it. Then I was informed of the quality. If my phone and I were a Disney movie that would have been the moment where it put the glass slipper on my little foot. It was beautiful. Then my brother threw sand at me and I hid the phone in the cushiony, safe part of my bag and left it with my mom to stand guard over. It’s that special.

I took these pictures with it..


This is me on the pier


And my brother and Kelsey.


And Kelsey eating sand because we don't feed her. Kidding.