Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hi

A lot has happened lately! I didn’t post anything for a while because I was so concentrated on school. My last exam was a really hard disease genetics test and it required my full attention.

Sunday was graduation day! It couldn’t have been any more perfect of a day. The speaker was Dr. Valerie Ashby, whom I had for Organic Chemistry. I listened very intently and it was really good... you should read it. I especially loved the fact that I could relate to the classroom references she made... like poor Venable Hall and how her exams are "insane". At the end we filed out up the stairs and I jumped over into the line beside me so that I could walk up to my mom and grandmother.



The past couple of days have been restful, but now the real fun is beginning… Tonight my aunt is going to meet me at work and take me to dinner. The Tobacco District is so cute right now with all the Christmas lights! I’m anxious to walk through. Then tomorrow I’m taking my grandmother and mom to see Jim Brickman at the new Durham Performing Arts Center. It’s a holiday music special and my joy is going to come from how happy this is going to make my grandmother.

1 comment:

simply tabulous said...

Hey Kimmy! Cute picture with you and grandma! When do you leave? When did we want to eat?