Monday, December 29, 2008

There's always room for glitter

After my flight to NY, Julie picked me up at the airport and we walked around and ended up at Henri Bendel where Julie had her makeup guy produce some pretty fierce eyes for her to recreate at a New Year’s party in Miami. He used tape to make very straight lines by her eye.



We ate dinner at Mary’s Fish Camp and it was soooo good. We ate lobster knuckles that are hard work to get into. And I also ate a lobster roll, which is a garlicy breaded sandwich thing with lobster salad inside. It’s necessary for me to eat like this because I have to fill up my good food tank before suffering trough a month of tuna and ramen from my suitcase.

Today we went to Times Square and stood in line to get tickets to see Katie Holmes in All My Sons. We ran into Elmo on the way..


And this Hello Kitty statue..


Waiting in line was crazy and they routed you back and forth across the street for a couple of blocks and it was impressively well organized. The police officers manning it will discretely hit on you if you so much as make 1/8 seconds worth of eye contact with them. The play was really good and dramatic but ended very sadly. We sat in a little booth like this..


It was restricted viewing and we had a clear view backstage. I was really excited to see Katie Holmes. She is so tall and skinny and pretty.

Afterwards we went to the Hello Kitty store and I got a little bag to put shit in and a massive lollipop for Shafaq.

Then we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge. It was such a nice view at night and these pictures don’t really do it justice. Sooo pretty..


No comments: