Thursday, December 10, 2009

Budget Tree

I bought a tiny little live tree from a Christmas tree lot on Monday. I love Mondays. I would not change my Tuesday-Saturday work schedule for anything. I never have to deal with the Sunday night blues. And I get to spend Monday alone all day doing fun things like drinking an entire pot of coffee in the morning and scrounging around for cute stuff for cheap.

The guy at the tree lot tried to charge me $20 for this little thing because it came with a stand. I had to bargain with him. Twenty dollars for a twig tree is ridiculous. We settled at $10.

It only needed a string of 100 lights. And I wish it was more fragrant. It only smells like a Christmas tree if you wrestle with it while decorating… then your hands smell Chrsitmasy.


It looks happier in real life.

The tree top is just two ornaments.



I listen to Stephanie Miller every single day from 9am-12pm. She and her two giant Great Pyrenees just moved to NYC. She’s been talking every day about walking them around Central Park. It makes me wonder if she really walks them or if she has a dog walker. I liked seeing the dog walkers with 6 dogs in Central Park. I want to run into her in NY with her dogs so bad. She is so funny and smart and entertains me at my most desperate hours of the day. I make mental notes of her TV appearances but the TV is often hi-jacked for basketball watching. Boo. I only care if UNC is on and winning.

No comments: