Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A good good day

Wednesday morning I was digging through a bag full of bags in the bottom of my closet and upon yanking something out a single copper penny flew into the air and in slow motion came down and landed right in front of me as if it fell from the sky. So there I was. Sitting on my knees in my closet staring at this penny and a lucky feeling came over me and I said to myself: “today is going to be a good day.”

And a good day it was. I went to Fresh Market and bought some Christmas cards and Wild About Wasabi Mix which is sooo delicious. It has cashews and almonds and wasabi peas and all of the wasabi spice gets on the cashews. It’s good.

So needless to say I wasted much of my morning but if I hadn’t then I wouldn’t have been in the right place at the right time to formally meet (we waved to each other at a gas station once) my one-day adoptive father ROY WILLIAMS!!

While Christmas shopping in the Barbie aisle in Target I saw Marcus Ginyard and I was just like whatever because he is everywhere. Really. I saw him at the movies last week. And on Franklin St. almost every day during school. And at the grocery store. And eating breakfast in Panera. Everywhere. And then I noticed that I couldn’t get down the Barbie aisle because there were giants everywhere, which is when I realized that it was the UNC men’s basketball team. Still not really caring too much, though. Until I saw Roy. He was standing behind a rack of clothes talking to a Target stocking employee and when he saw me coming he knew what it was about. Yes. A photograph. He asked Coach Whoever to take our picture and told me that I had to instruct them on how to use my camera, which was on my iPhone. Roy listened in on the instructions and I was very strict and serious about holding the phone so still so it wouldn’t be blurry.



I was too embarrassed to ask him to adopt me and I knew the timing was inappropriate with us being in Target and all. ...And he’s recovering from his surgery and the guys were charity shopping.

I even did laundry in hell at the Laundromat at 6pm yesterday and came home still in a good mood. Now THAT’s a good day!

No comments: