Sunday, May 2, 2010

Productive Sunday

It’s midnight and I’m nowhere near being tired which sucks because tomorrow is not a designated “sleep in” day. I only sleep late on Sundays. This helps me be the most productive. Yes, normal sleep schedules are still amazing to me because I had a crazy one for about a decade.

Anyway, today I sat outside in the sun and read some excerpts from one of my favorite books (Genome) I like to pick up on days like today. I’ve had it since sophomore year in college and I still highlight important things in it. Today I learned something I didn’t know… that paternal genes are responsible for making the placenta and maternal genes are responsible for making the embryo, especially the head and brain. This is because the paternal genes don’t “trust” the maternal genes to take care of and nourish them, so to speak.

I also saw a really cool Chef, Jose Andres on TV. He uses special scientific techniques to make food fun and interesting. For example, he had Anderson Cooper blowing liquid nitrogen out of his nostrils as he ate the popcorn Andres had made. How cool! I think he has about 5 or 7 restaurants but none in NYC and I was so disappointed about that!

Then this evening I applied to 30+ jobs. It’s a little disheartening that Duke already “cancelled” one of my applications. I mean, can’t they just look at it?

No comments: