Sunday, May 2, 2010

Best Friday afternoon

Friday after work I rode my bike along the American Tobacco trail in Durham. It starts downtown and ends at Southpoint Mall. Friday afternoons are my favorite because it’s the end of the week and it’s a great way to release some unwanted stress and energy. It is mostly shaded and glorious with cute little bridges like this..



Very relaxing and fun. Everyone is smiley when they pass you. There was a group of ladies on roller skates, though, and they were not very happy. Nothing at all looked fun about what they were doing. They spent a lot of time bent over with their hands on their knees and I could only imagine the pain they were in and the exhaustion they were experiencing. There was a lady following them on a bike and they stopped a couple of times to take inventory and the bike lady (roller derby coach?) went back to check on the fallen ones. They were so serious.

I rode 13.5 miles in all, 8 of which my ass was in severe pain.

Tomorrow I’m getting my hair cut. I need it so bad.

No comments: