Sunday, August 15, 2010

Let the celebrations begin!

I have a lot to celebrate. Thursday was my last day at my former job. Celebration-worthy event #1 – Check! My BFF from there brought me this pretty cake..



It was Oreo. If an Oreo were a cake, it would be this. We were so sad because we were each the best thing about the other’s workday, and you rarely ever get to work alongside someone so amazing. I tasted but didn’t do any emotional eating with this cake. I made all of my Co-workers eat eat eat.

Celebration #2 – haircut! It was SOOO long…



And a major pain in the ass so I just pretty much wore a BUN every day. How awful. This is after..



I have a neat flat iron that can also produce wavey waves..



Friday was a glorious day and I even stood at the DMV for 2 hours so you know it was awesome. Celebration #3 – Patio table I’ve been wanting for 50% off! It was the display and the only one left so I bought it up without any regard for how we were going to get home. I knew it wouldn’t fit in my tiny little car so I called my mom to come rescue us.



And now for the most amazing grown-up lady, early birthday present EVER. Something really awesome to Celebrate #4 – Makeup mirror and stool. I had been sitting on the counter every day to put my makeup on in the medicine cabinet mirror.



But this small little improvement has opened up my entire world! I sat up last night until 3am practicing/playing in the beautiful and helpful glowing light. I am going to be able to learn and do things that I wasn’t able to do before. Here I was practicing with dark/smoky eyes. I am going to want to spend so much money now…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post! You have got it going on! your hair is much better. I showed another friend a picture of similar hair- smooth, like an 80's pageboy but her husband vetoed. Boo!

When I visit- we can play all night & day with make-up in between my Foster's & elmo's meals. We can get made up and go to Elmo's where I know half the peeps will have crocs on.

Kimbroly said...

That sounds great! I haven't been to Elmo's in 3 years or so. And maybe you can teach me some makeup pointers!