Monday, August 16, 2010

Loved

I’m so glad that so many people care about how my first day at my new job went. And that they are happy that I am now free from the burdens that plagued me before. I feel like I need to do a conference call tonight and tell everyone that my first day was wonderful and that I think I am going to be very happy in my new environment.
I get to wear flats, “ballet slippers,” and things of that sort to work now. Right up my alley. Today I wore black pants and Vans and it was too hot for this.



I don’t know why I own these? I mean, I bought them for myself but I think I should have opted for a more feminine black flat sneaker shoe. So, any time I can get my money’s worth out of these I’ll take it. I remembered seeing people in jeans and flats when I interviewed but I wanted to be safe and wait until I was “invited” to. You never know how strict the rules can be in a lab and these were a good choice in case because they cover the whole foot.

Tonight I am going to see Eat Pray Love with my soul-mate/old-work-BFF. We have been anticipating this forever. I wasn’t able to finish the book first. I only made it into Bali (Love). Julia Roberts probably plays this “self discovery” role so well.

And just to balance all that black with something pretty here are some flowers. They were $1.00 because no one wanted to take them and their green dye home.

No comments: