Saturday, August 21, 2010

Pretty Awesome Birthday Week

Monday night I met a BFF to see Eat Pray Love at 10:10 pm. This was the only time we could both go. We got ready for bed BEFORE the movie. This was quite strategic because the hairs and faces were already clean and all we had to do after the movie was go home, kick off the flip flops, and climb into bed. It hurt a little bit waking up Tuesday morning but who cares because it was my birthday!

Tuesday, my birthday, was a pretty awesome day. My mom showed up after work with the best thing on earth – Lemon Passion Cake. It is so delicious and I don’t even want to know the kilograms of sugar and butter involved in it’s making..



And rain boots after I expressed concern about having to walk to work in the rain!



I was the recipient of a phone call marathon and enjoyed a wonderful sushi dinner at my favorite sushi restaurant, Mt. Fuji in Brightleaf Square. I had fun with eye shadows in my new makeup mirror. This thing provides such great lighting but there is so much geometry involved in taking pictures in it. Anyway, what I’m getting at is that I have learned that wearing lip color does SO MUCH for my face.



Wednesday after work I stopped by Old Navy and bought these flats for $9.99. They are so comfortable, match a lot of things I have, and will get worn the hell out.



Then I recovered from staying up so late Monday and Tuesday by watching tv and sleeping.

Thursday evening I met another BFF for a post-birthday dinner at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

At Target on Friday I found this bag that was $26.99 for $6.74. It’s big enough for my notebooks..



This morning I had such a fun Saturday morning clean up, then I went to Burlington Coat Factory with my mom. I was so skeptical at first but I could get down with some things in there. It’s so cheap. I got these flats..



And these, which I am going to LOVE this Fall..





I love dark purple. And the flower and small wedge.

Next week I will be a normal adult and partake in after-work activities such as trips to the gym, preparing dinner, and taking Ebi to the dog park. I will still study Big Brother, though.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! You just made me realize that I can probably get "Skinny Cargos" at Old Navy.