Thursday, February 25, 2010

Becoming healthier..

I’ve eliminated so much craziness from my diet and I’ve been going to the gym in the mornings, and even swimming laps some afternoons.

I’m having fun with it! I downloaded the MyFitnessPal App on my phone and it is beyond amazing. It’s basically a diary of what you eat but it’s so easy to use. They have a huuuuuuuuge database and you can just type in some key words from what you ate and scroll through to find the brand, or exact kind, and change the serving size. And it provides you with a Nutrient Summary that tells you how much of your recommended daily vitamins you have received from what you ate, as well as calories, fat grams, carbs, cholesterol…. All that. And it saves your foods so it just becomes easier and easier to use.



On Monday I went with my cousin, Jessica, to see Dear John and it was so sad it made my stomach hurt. I had to hide behind my scarf. It’s a love story based on a book so it comes with the territory. I did appreciate how it exemplified the way 9/11 affected young people in particular.

So considering that I could probably get away with wearing my pajamas to work, even the slightest opportunity to wear a hat and scarf gets me excited. I do need a haircut but hey, I’m tryin’..

4 comments:

PinkPokaDot0518 said...

where have you been swimming laps? We used to go to campus hills, but it got to the point that there were so many swim teams there they had us sharing lanes...it sucked.

Kimbroly said...

At the Y downtown. Do you have a membership?

PinkPokaDot0518 said...

oh ok. No I don't.

Jodi Kendall said...

cute hat!