Wednesday, November 10, 2010

In need of coffee

This morning an egg I made turned out like a turtle...



Turtles always remind me of my Grandfather. He loved turtles here on Earth. I have a turtle pendant that I wear sometimes that I got when he passed away. And so this day got off to a pretty sweet start..

Until this afternoon when the GPS lady in my car almost made me cry and I couldn't help but call her a bitch. This technology in my car is too much for me. I really need to read the Manual.

After an extremely busy day at work, I wanted to find the nearest Starbucks or coffee shop to stop by on my way to my easy little part-time job that is pretty much the equivalent of hanging out at a Country Club. So, instead of looking at the dangerous, distracting GPS on my iPhone, I decide that I would try to use the "Turn-by-turn directions" that live in the speakers of my car. The only problem was that I didn't remember exactly what I was supposed to say and so a battle ensued...

Me: Phone
Speakers: Say a command
Me: Directions
Speakers: Text. Message.
Me: No
Speakers: I'm sorry, I didn't get that. Can you please repeat.
Me: Directions
Speakers: Text. Message.
Me: No

(back back back back out of the program to the main screen or whatever)

Me: Phone
Speakers: Say a command
Me: Directions
Speakers: Line in. Say a command
Me: DIRECTIONS!!!!
Speakers: Line in
Me: I don't understand! Why won't you work
Speakers: I'm sorry I didn't get that...

(back back back back back)

Me: Phone!!
Speakers: Say a command
Me: Oh! Services
Speakers: Services. Say a city and state or say 'search near me'
Me: Search near me
Speakers: Cary, North Carolina
Me: What? No!
Speakers: I'm sorry...
Me: UUGGGHHH!!! (back back back back back)

Me: Phone
Speakers: Say a command
Me: Services
Speakers: Say a city and state or say 'search near me'
Me: Search near me
Speakers: Please wait while I calculate your location........ Okay, Got it. Say the name of a business or say a type of business
Me: Starbucks
Speakers: Cars...
Me: What? (tiny tear of frustrtion actually developing) I just want some coffeeeeeeee!!!

So I stopped at a convenient store and got a canned Starbucks coffee and it was delicious and the perfect little afternoon spirit-lifter, AND easy to obtain.



I wish I had a picture to show you that I was cute today but I don't. I can, however, tell you that (taking note from Julie, as usual) I wore this tank from Charlotte Russe. It was $12 and had a comfortable fit. I think I might go back and get a different color. I wore it under an Army green sweater with dark Gap jeans and bronze/gold flats.



I am off from work tomorrow and that is so wonderful. I have a great day planned that includes delicious morning coffee, walking Ebi, beginning my Christmas ornaments, and Amy Sedaris book signing in the evening. I'm so excited!

No comments: