Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fun things from this weekend

Saturday morning I met a friend for breakfast at Foster's Market in Durham. I love love love Foster's after my first visit with Julie a few weeks ago. I especially love weekend breakfast outside in the sunshine. I got the French Toast and it was as delicious as it is pretty..



That's some sort of mango creation with some spiciness on top.

I love digging through the dying flowers that are on clearance in Kroger for the most lively ones that I can take home with me. This week I picked these Fall-time beauties. I fed them their package of flower food and put them outside for some sunshine for a bit. They look so healthy now.



I made my first ornament. I am not thrilled with it's quality. I was too excited to have a finished product and I learned during it's creation that I need a better game plan. I think I might like to make just sushi's for my tree. I had read somewhere that a serrated knife is best for cutting styrofoam, so that is what I used to cut out the "rice." I painted it with glue and covered it in white glitter. The "tuna" on top is red felt covered with red glitter. They are tied together with black ribbon for the "seaweed." I expect these to get cuter and better.



And I got this Military jacket in Target that I had been staring at for a few weeks. It's pretty thick and comfy.

No comments: