Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Glitter Sushi takes a lot longer than Restaurant Sushi!

I cut the "rice" from egg-shaped styrofoam because it already had a rounded edge. Styrofoam is great for this because it is easily pressed to create a smoother edge.



A really strategic move I made was sticking 2 dress pins in the rounded edge (where the fish will go). This gave me something to hold while I painted all the other edges with glue and covered them with white glitter. It also provided a little prop to hold them up as they dry.



To make the fish pieces I rolled up felt and glued the ends together with a mean hot glue gun. For the salmon I used light orange felt, drew lines with glue, and sprinkled pink glitter. For the tuna I used red felt. I haven't glittered those yet.



These have to dry before I can add the black ribbon "seaweed" and have a finish product!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are beautiful! Drawing the lines in glue is genius!

I want one for my xmas tree!