Sunday, October 9, 2011

Durham Farmers Market

I had a fun Farmers Market outing Saturday morning. I love Durham. Growing up I, of course, thought it was the most boring place on the planet with "nothing to do". But one summer in high school I visited Berkeley and San Francisco where I met a lot of other students. And while I absolutely loved SF, one of the many things I learned during that time was an appreciation for where I was from. I don't know if it was home-sickness or just a growing realization, but I came back with a more open mind that gave me the ability to appreciate my home city more. Over the past few years I have watched Durham grow and become even more eclectic. I'm proud of its growth and everything it offers. And while I'm not even far away from it (at all!), there's something special about being proud of the unique, growing city that I call home.


The Durham Farmers Market is located in downtown Durham across from the new Durham Central Park. The Durham Craft Market is also operating across from the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings.


The Farmers Market was super busy. So much produce, cheese, flowers, baked goods, crafts, PUMPKINS, and more!

Speaking of pumpkins.. I love Fall so much that if it's pumpkin flavored, I'm getting it right now. Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard. Coffee-Mate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Febreeze Pumpkin Harvest & Fall. Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. The only thing that I don't have right now is a pumpkin, but I will!


The Farmers Markets smelled like a carnival. There was a kettle corn popcorn truck bringing that wonderful fragrance to us on such a beautiful day. There was also an organic coffee van, and the pizza truck, Pie Pushers.


I got the Breakfast Slice from Pie Pushers. Cheesy, bacony, sausagey, potatoy, crispy goodness.


There are great spots for Food Truck eatin'.


I bought my mom some banana nut bread and I got myself this cute beeswax owl candle.


Is that owl candle sitting on top of a newly painted table? Yes it is!

1 comment:

simply tabulous said...

I enjoyed this post! I totally agree with the whole appreciating where you are & from part! P.s. I need to check out the farmers market & P.s.s I gave up on french braiding my hair - I need more help than I can give myself. lol