Tuesday, October 25, 2011

NC State Fair, Feathers, and Sweet Potato Fries!


Last week I went to the NC State Fair with my mom and niece. I didn't eat anything outrageous. I saw the deep fried bubble gum, deep fried koolaid (Yikes! Gross!), Krispy Kreme Bacon Cheeseburger (WHHAAAA???!), deep fried Oreos/Twinkies/Snickers, turkey legs, fried cheese, and so much fried dough! We stuck to the pretty traditional fair food- a funnel cake with powdered sugar and some cotton candy.

I liked the prized fruits/vegetables, huge pumpkins, and craftiness.


Check this cute Hello Kitty Pumpkin!


And mom on the ferris wheel..


I'm using these feathers for my owl costume.


It's actually a feather garland for Christmas decorating. I knew I needed a boa or something similar for a bunch of pretty feathers. And Michael's always shows me so much appreciation in the form of 40% off coupons! As always, I'm trying to be as resourceful as possible when it comes to crafting my costume.


I also made/burnt sweet potato fries. I just cut the potato into quarter inch fries, tossed them in olive oil and then in brown sugar, salt, and pepper, and baked them for about 35-40 minutes at 425 degrees. Yum!

No comments: