Friday, October 28, 2011

Peanut butter candy eyeballs- The messiest ever!

I'm convinced that these are meant to be made, sampled, and then taken to a party or something. You can't eat more than one because they're SO rich and sweet.


That's because they're just peanut butter, powdered sugar, and butter rolled into little balls. So bad!


..And then dipped in melted white chocolate. The chocolate is hot and messy and it's hard to make these look perfectly smooth. My advice- just drop 'em in one at a time, pull them out with 2 forks, and sit them on a rack. And move fast! The chocolate gets cold quickly.


We didn't have fancy decorating tools for the red parts. We just had a tub of red icing, which, of course, posed a big challenge in making thin red lines. So my mom showed me a neat little trick. She poked a tiny hole in the corner of the bottom of a plastic ziplock bag, put some icing in, and then squeezed it through the small hole. Perfect!


Brown squeezable icing or an upside down M&M for the pupil. I think we made some a little too big. If I made these again, I would make them no larger than the size of a quarter. This was messy, but fun and easy!

No comments: