Tuesday, October 11, 2011

What a hoot

I wanted to be an owl last year for Halloween but I thought about it at the last minute so it was too late for me to make some wings and figure out a makeup plan for myself. So I was on makeup duty for others.


That's me helping Jamie with her engagement pictures last month. It was freezing and raining and she braved cold temps barefoot & strapless.

This is what we worked with..


So my plan for an owl costume involves me wearing a simple cotton black dress that I already have with black tights as a base. I'm going to make a wing-cape-thing out of fabric with feathers on it, of course. The most important part of my costume will be preparation and planning because I won't have a lot of time to get dressed. I will spend most of my time on my makeup. I found these pictures and they're my inspiration for this:



They are way more advanced than anything I could pull out but what I'm noting is the brightness above their cheekbones and on the forehead. I was thinking about putting feathers in my hair but I don't know how so I'm going to make a feather head piece and wear that. I won't be having time to fight with feathers in my hair. I'm trying to be as resourceful as possible. So far all I need is feathers, fabric for my wings, and fake eyelashes.

No comments: